PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] How to use NDISWrapper to install Drivers for F7D1101V1

RichieB07
January 7th, 2011, 08:59 PM
I read that you can use NDISWrapper to install drivers for Wifi adaptors, and specially a lot of cases with the F7D1101V1 Belkin Basic Adaptor. The problem is I never found out how exactly.

NDISWrapper is installed on the computer and the CD for the drivers is inserted, what do I do now?

Any help would be awesome!

Hippytaff
January 7th, 2011, 09:41 PM
try installing the GUI for ndiswrapper, makes life easier - it's called ndisgtk

RichieB07
January 7th, 2011, 10:14 PM
I found out how to do it here: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/Driver/Ndiswrapper#autostart

wep940
January 8th, 2011, 12:13 AM
That link is the hard way to do things. Ndisgtk takes care of all of that for you without all the command line typing. Start ndisgtk, select new, point it to the driver .inf file. That's it. Couldn't be simpler.

RichieB07
January 8th, 2011, 03:10 AM
That link is the hard way to do things. Ndisgtk takes care of all of that for you without all the command line typing. Start ndisgtk, select new, point it to the driver .inf file. That's it. Couldn't be simpler.

Yeah, down near the bottom it talks about the Ndisgtk. However it never hurts to learn the hard way sometimes.