PDA

View Full Version : How to mute sound on Internel-speaker..?

Linyx
January 6th, 2011, 11:18 AM
I have internal-speaker which i don't want to use now...i want to use only head-phones, but when i set the Output to Analog-headphones, their isn't sound and when i select the output to "Analog Output" ,then sound Appear on both Speaker and Headphones, ....

How to set the sound only on Headphones(not speaker)...?

Check out the screen-shot as well of my Output tab in sound-Preference..

In Addition i had Kubuntu also, In Kubuntu i had Muted the Speaker and it works well, but when i try to mute the speaker from ALSA-MIXER in Ubuntu, then sound wouldn't appear on head-phone as well....

Any solution...?

Linyx
January 6th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Update:-
I have Select the "Front" Level to high, and now Sound only appear on my HEAD-PHONE..........

Edit:- But now i have to raise the Front-Level on every-boot , Every time when i restart PC, the Front level become mute again, and i have to Un-mute it again Every time, its really annoying....I want to save this sittings permenently... How to do this....?

Linyx
January 9th, 2011, 12:01 PM
bump

Linyx
January 10th, 2011, 12:26 PM
bump

January 10th, 2011, 12:47 PM
Hello.
Have you tried post 2, in this thread?

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1656671

I hope this helps.

Linyx
January 10th, 2011, 03:47 PM
thanks for reply but that didn't fix...

I raise the front level up and save it by the given Command, but when i reboot, Front again seems to be mute....Check out the screen-shot.

Another Question, In terminal how can i Un-mute the Front....?because in terminal it shows me "MM" under front tab,....

Daniel0108
January 10th, 2011, 04:00 PM
thanks for reply but that didn't fix...

I raise the front level up and save it by the given Command, but when i reboot, Front again seems to be mute....Check out the screen-shot.

Another Question, In terminal how can i Un-mute the Front....?because in terminal it shows me "MM" under front tab,....

Have you tried:

sudo alsactl store
after un-muting in alsamixer ?

Yours,
Daniel

Linyx
January 10th, 2011, 05:55 PM
I have tried that..but thats doesn't work for me.....I don't know what i am missing :(

I just have muted my speaker....

uRock
January 10th, 2011, 05:58 PM
Try this. It is what I used to stop the internal speaker in the past.
Explanation:
Removes the pcspkr module from the kernel (requires sudo for elevated privs.)

sudo rmmod pcspkr
Prevents the module pcspkr from getting loaded on boot by adding an entry to the file /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf

sudo su -c "echo 'blacklist pcspkr' >> /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf"

Linyx
January 10th, 2011, 06:11 PM
1st Command gives me this:-

sudo rmmod pcspkr
[sudo] password for assassin:
ERROR: Module pcspkr does not exist in /proc/modules

sudo su -c "echo 'blacklist pcspkr' >> /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf"
Still getting sound from Speaker.

The Problem i have is, when i mute my Speaker from Alsa-mixer , my "front" also mute and when i Un-mute it and reboot, then it Mute again by itself....

If i Choose Analog-Output in the Sound-option ,then Sound appear on speaker as wel as Head-phones and on reboot, it doesn't change...!!

Linyx
January 11th, 2011, 04:11 PM
When i select "Analog Output" then sound doesn't change on Re-boot, but when i Select "Headphones" in Sound Properties, it Automatically Become Mute when i restart...