PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] is there a way to delete a true crypt volume

phobin
January 6th, 2011, 03:39 AM
Hi all,

First off i would just like to say hi, this is my first post here. I saw the light and moved to linux(ubuntu) from ms about 2 weeks ago and must say i'm finding the learning curve fairy steep but fun!!

Anyway back to the reason i started this thread. i recently downloaded true crypt to protect my files(obviously) and i made a small volume first to get the feel for it before i actually created my real volume.

Now here is where i'm stuck..... how do you delete the volume??? i've looked at the true crypt site and faq's, i've also looked here in the forums(if there are threads here about this, i deserve a slap, i know lol). Any help would be very appreciated.

thanx phil

sandyd
January 6th, 2011, 03:56 AM
Hi all,

First off i would just like to say hi, this is my first post here. I saw the light and moved to linux(ubuntu) from ms about 2 weeks ago and must say i'm finding the learning curve fairy steep but fun!!

Anyway back to the reason i started this thread. i recently downloaded true crypt to protect my files(obviously) and i made a small volume first to get the feel for it before i actually created my real volume.

Now here is where i'm stuck..... how do you delete the volume??? i've looked at the true crypt site and faq's, i've also looked here in the forums(if there are threads here about this, i deserve a slap, i know lol). Any help would be very appreciated.

thanx phil
where did you save the volume?
Its location should show in the "recently mounted volumes". Or at least it does on mine.

blind2314
January 6th, 2011, 05:11 AM
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1237195

Take a look there. Basically it looks like (if you don't need any of the information contained in the volume) you can just delete the container.

phobin
January 6th, 2011, 03:02 PM
delted the practise volume. thanx for the help

phil