PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Skype/ Pulse audio problems

Shadowgamon
January 6th, 2011, 01:28 AM
1) Is skype normally slow to load calls in linux? 2) sound mixer is not picking up input (mic line in OR internal mic) :( Its sad how to use skype I have to crawl back into M$'s clutches according to windows device manager (Ubuntu is in need of one) My sound card is IDT High definition Audio codec? (onboard) of course. Hopefully this can be fixed. I CAN FEEL M$ SUCKING ME INNN. HELP BEFORE ITS TOO LATTEE D:

MSPdwalt
January 6th, 2011, 01:33 AM
1) Don't know don't use Skype (it is still in Beta for Linux, maybe it will improve?)

2) Check your sound preferences specifically the input and output devices. I use a bluetooth headset and a lot of times I have to manually set it as the default device

Good luck ;)

Automat2
September 16th, 2011, 05:54 PM
1) Don't know don't use Skype (it is still in Beta for Linux, maybe it will improve?)

2) Check your sound preferences specifically the input and output devices. I use a bluetooth headset and a lot of times I have to manually set it as the default device

Good luck ;)

Skype has "always" been Beta for Linux. At least since I started with Ubuntu a couple of years ago, but I don't think that will make any difference to usability.

It works.

pqwoerituytrueiwoq
September 16th, 2011, 05:57 PM
how many audo device are in your system including hdmi i had to disable my hdmi sound driver (snd_hda_codec_nvhdmi) to get all apps using the onboard sound