PDA

View Full Version : Banned accounts explanation

LinuxUserVic
January 5th, 2011, 12:28 AM
Hi, yesterday I opened my third account on this forums and it was banned (I got a mail which said that it was due to spam) but I didn't post and I didn't have any signature or link anywhere. Also if you could let me use the nick I always use it would be perfect, it was banned with my first account (Vicfred). The names of my banned accounts are: Vicfred, Vichfret and Vikfret if something wrong with those nicknames? I think it should not be nothing wrong with them, beside of being my nickname it is the name of a place in Spain.

Joeb454
January 5th, 2011, 12:41 AM
I will look into this and get back to you.

bodhi.zazen
January 5th, 2011, 02:52 AM
Your account was banned for this post:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=7215045

Which you can see , but others can not.

It certainly appears to be what I would call spam, a post to I presume your site, nothing to do with Linux.

I can see you have been active in the community in other ways so I would be willing to reverse the infraction, and re-open the account, but in return I will ask you to not post such things in the future.

We allow links in sig to web sites but we ask the links / sites be related in some way to Linux, preferably Ubuntu. Links to pages unrelated to Linux are considered spam and are unwelcome.

LinuxUserVic
January 5th, 2011, 03:22 AM
I can't see the post

bodhi.zazen
January 5th, 2011, 05:08 AM
You were banned for spamming these forums. You may not be able to see the post, but we have record of it.

As I indicated in my previous post I am willing to reverse this ban if you agree to abide by your code of conduct and the guidelines for links in sigs.

Spam (unsolicited advertising): Spam will be moved to Spamalot in the forum Jail and the account posting it will likely be banned. You are allowed to have links to personal sites in your signature and in your profile, and may post them in threads on occasion (just not often, please) as long as the content of the site linked does not include material that violates this code of conduct and if you are not posting any other form of advertising.

Links: You may post links to sites with content that is acceptable according to this code of conduct. This is most useful when giving tech support and explaining a topic and then linking to a wiki page or Linux site with more information. You may also link to your personal site.

The link you posted was in violation of this policy as the link you posted had nothing to do with Linux or Ubuntu support and appears very much to be spam.

If you can not agree to refrain from spamming these forums you are not welcome here.

LinuxUserVic
January 5th, 2011, 11:17 AM
I agree, I'll follow the code of conduct. Can you please unban my account with the name "Vicfred"?

bodhi.zazen
January 5th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Alright, I shall close this account and reverse the previous infraction.