PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Lemur AC adapter choices

Wood Prof
January 4th, 2011, 07:58 PM
I am really enjoying my Lemur Ultra Thin. I have one problem, and it has nothing to do with the way the computer works. It's that I forget my AC adapter at home or at work from time to time. So I am looking for a second AC adapter, but before I order another one I have a two questions.

Are there other adapters that will work besides the LiteOn model that shipped with the laptop? If so are there any that also work with 12v vehicle power? I travel a fair bit for work, and on occasion need to charge my laptop in the car.

Cheers.

isantop
January 5th, 2011, 06:06 PM
I'm not sure of any compatible adapters right off hand, but anything with matching specs should be okay. Check the plug size before ordering, also check that the output is 19V at at least 1.58 amps. Also, negative is on the outside.

We do have a car adapter available. We don't have it listed on our website, so you'll have to place your order over the phone. Just call us with your card information handy, and use extension 2 to get to customer service.

themrfreeze
January 5th, 2011, 08:01 PM
Kensington makes a universal notebook power adapter that works with a wide variety of laptops. Simply set the desired voltage range on the power supply, attach the appropriate connector to the end of the power cord (it comes with at least a dozen different ones), and you're good to go. I use them here at work (sys admin who supports a lot of laptops), and it works with 95% of the PC laptops around here.

Wood Prof
January 5th, 2011, 08:29 PM
Thanks for the information, it's just what I needed.