xXDestroyerGRXx
January 1st, 2011, 10:45 PM
It says my os is not supported
help me!

perspectoff
January 1st, 2011, 10:46 PM
It says my os is not supported
help me!

You should wait for IE 14 on the 72-bit Google HTE mobile device.

xXDestroyerGRXx
January 1st, 2011, 11:13 PM
You should wait for IE 14 on the 72-bit Google HTE mobile device.

uhh??
that doesn't make sence :confused:

wyliecoyoteuk
January 1st, 2011, 11:45 PM
Nor does your question.
IE8 is a Windows app. It can't run on Linux, I doubt that it would run using Wine even.

xXDestroyerGRXx
January 1st, 2011, 11:58 PM
:(

So how im gonna get to work the allonds online that requires IE8?

James_Lochhead
January 2nd, 2011, 12:07 AM
1. Try installing IE8 in Wine. (Google it) - Might work
2. Use a Virtual Machine (I recommend VirtualBox or VMware Player) to virtualize a copy of Windows inside Linux. (Google it) - Will definitely work as long as your computer is fast enough.

cogadh
January 2nd, 2011, 01:33 AM
IE8 will not work in Wine, no IE version beyond 3 has ever really worked Wine.

xXDestroyerGRXx
January 2nd, 2011, 01:39 AM
Is VB going to create a partition if i install windows xp?

Rhubarb
January 2nd, 2011, 01:39 AM
There's a nice installer called ie4linux, that works ok for IE6 and possibly IE7 (don't think it works for IE8 though):
http://www.tatanka.com.br/ies4linux/page/Main_Page

Rhubarb
January 2nd, 2011, 01:42 AM
Is VB going to create a partition if i install windows xp?

Virtual Box can create a virtual partition (a big file usually located in ~/.VirtualBox/HardDisks

xXDestroyerGRXx
January 2nd, 2011, 02:04 AM
Virtual Box can create a virtual partition (a big file usually located in ~/.VirtualBox/HardDisks

So if i delete that virtual partition with my hard disk space will it merged again to my HDD?

cogadh
January 2nd, 2011, 02:44 AM
The "partition" is really just a single large file on your hard drive. If you delete it, you simply free up that space, just as you would by deleting any file from your hard drive.

xXDestroyerGRXx
January 2nd, 2011, 03:46 AM
The "partition" is really just a single large file on your hard drive. If you delete it, you simply free up that space, just as you would by deleting any file from your hard drive.

ok thanks man :)

wyliecoyoteuk
January 2nd, 2011, 01:48 PM
Or yopu could try User agent switcher, wwhich will tell the website that Firefox is IE.
Unless the website uses activeX, that will work ok.https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/59/

xXDestroyerGRXx
January 4th, 2011, 12:33 PM
I contacted developer and he said, his ff addon won't get battlefield: play for free to work.

X-Seti
January 5th, 2011, 04:08 PM
uhh??
that doesn't make sence :confused:

look up winetricks, this is a sh script that allows you to install all kinds of windows apps.

rxt
April 21st, 2011, 02:40 PM
Install Playonlinux and you can install IE7 and IE6 without any problem, and run it next to eachother. They might occassionabley crash, and buttons and navigation doesn't work like you're used to with native linux apps, but for testing or IE-only sites this is a real good solution. I have it installed and running on Ubuntu 10.10.

http://www.playonlinux.com/

So remarks that nothing past IE5 works are nonsense.

drewesq
April 21st, 2011, 02:55 PM
Dual boot anyone! :P