PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] hard drive not booting into ubuntu after install

egon1283
January 1st, 2011, 09:51 PM
i am installing ubuntu 32 bit and after the install reboot it doesn't boot into ubuntu. i am running an amd athlon 64 with 2 gigs of ram and a sata 500gb. i have set the bios to boot hard drive first. any options on how this can be fixed?

laidback
January 2nd, 2011, 12:12 AM
Does the live CD work?

wilee-nilee
January 2nd, 2011, 12:21 AM
So from a booted live Ubuntu cd or thumbdrive lets see the bootscript read out; in my signature just click on it and follow the instructions. Come back to the thread and click on the # in the reply panel this makes code tags paste all the text in between.

same.500
January 2nd, 2011, 12:24 AM
i am installing ubuntu 32 bit and after the install reboot it doesn't boot into ubuntu. i am running an amd athlon 64 with 2 gigs of ram and a sata 500gb. i have set the bios to boot hard drive first. any options on how this can be fixed?

Hi!
First of all what version of ubuntu you have downloaded ?
And if the installation goes fine but after restart you can't boot to ubuntu try to reinstall ubuntu again and if your Hard Disk is fresh whit just ubuntu and whit out any other operating system try to run ubuntu from live CD and format the Hard disk and reinstall ubuntu .
I had this problem several of time before and that solution just work fine whit me .
NOTE: if you have any operating system in your Hard Disk don't try the last suggestion .
Good luck!

LewRockwellFAN
January 2nd, 2011, 12:25 AM
... it doesn't boot into ubuntu ...
It might help to say EXACTLY what it DOES do. For example, do you get a grub screen? Does it offer ubuntu as an option if you do? Does it boot into something else? Etc. Also, do you have just the one HD?