PDA

View Full Version : Video storage issues 10.10 - help please

geekyhawkes
January 1st, 2011, 05:02 PM
So i recently re-installed my 10.10 mythbuntu media center and am tidying up the last few rough edges. I have all of my media in the following location;

/media/media/videos
/media/media/fanart

etc..

All the files appear correctly on the machine, but when i access mythweb to try and browse my videos i get the following error:

MythWeb now requires use of the Videos Storage Group.

How do i setup the storage group without messing everything up?

I have searched but all the data on storage groups i can find i old (relating to early implementation pretty much).

Thanks for any help you can offer;

Andy

williammanda
January 1st, 2011, 06:52 PM
So i recently re-installed my 10.10 mythbuntu media center and am tidying up the last few rough edges. I have all of my media in the following location;

/media/media/videos
/media/media/fanart

etc..

All the files appear correctly on the machine, but when i access mythweb to try and browse my videos i get the following error:

MythWeb now requires use of the Videos Storage Group.

How do i setup the storage group without messing everything up?

I have searched but all the data on storage groups i can find i old (relating to early implementation pretty much).

Thanks for any help you can offer;

Andy

In myth backend you can setup the storage groups for video. Just set the path you want.

geekyhawkes
January 2nd, 2011, 12:09 AM
Thanks, so im still struggling a bit with the concept, which path do i need to give to the default storage group? /media/media/videos (as in the folder that actually has the videos in, or the root /media/media folder?)

Thanks

nickrout
January 2nd, 2011, 04:06 AM
The documentation is here:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Storage_Groups#MythVideo