PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] aircrack-ng

fin2010
January 1st, 2011, 04:29 PM
Ok so i'm totally new to ubuntu. My brother just showed me aircrack-ng on windows and he hacked his own wireless in a matter of seconds.
Now my problem is I have installed aircrack-ng on ubuntu however I have no idea how to use it, i'm guessing its through the terminal? Thing is I get really confused using the terminal and all the guides online make no sense to me. So is there anyone who wouldn't mind helping?

spiky001
January 1st, 2011, 04:39 PM
Yes it is all done in terminal by command line, Here is a good page to read up on http://www.aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=simple_wep_crack . You can install aircrack-ng from synaptic package manager

fin2010
January 1st, 2011, 04:57 PM
whats the synaptic packet manager?
I installed aircrack-ng through the ubuntu software centre

spiky001
January 1st, 2011, 05:01 PM
It,s the same thing really system/administration/synaptic package manager. Anyway you got it installed now so if you follow the guide it should all work.

kgarbutt
January 1st, 2011, 05:16 PM
To use aircrack-ng you generally need to modify your wireless driver to emit packets. That isn't that easy to do.

fin2010
January 1st, 2011, 08:16 PM
Well i watched a youtube video and seem to be able to use aircrack...only problem is I haven't set up my network card to emit packages as you said. Any idea how to do this? I know I have a fujitsu siemens adapter

spiky001
January 1st, 2011, 08:34 PM
If you follow the link I posted earlier it will teach you how. Yo have to put the card in monitor mode sing airmon-ng 1st part of tutorial