PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Error: Unknown Filesystem

VeeXee
December 31st, 2010, 11:17 PM
So I am pissed off that my "friends" ditched me for newyear's eve, I log in on my XP SP3 computer only to see that Team fortress is available for $5. I can't install it on my computer as the C: Dive has no space, I decide to use EASUS Partitioner to Resize my F Drive, it tells me to restart my Pc ... a black screen with a progress bar comes up and I get up and go to the bathroom.

When I come back I see the computer restarting (I am not sure if it was with EASUS software or Power fluctuation). I get the error "Error: Unknown Filesystem" and I weep :'( A bad start this newyear. I am very very sad.

All my photos, office files everything is on it, without any backup! I am using Windows XP SP3 and Ubuntu 10.10 dual boot both installed on my C drive. I am an absolute n00b with linux. I know you guys are busy with newyear, but if you have the time please help me out. I shall be forever grateful to you.

P.S: I hope you guys have an amazing newyear and a great year ahead.

coffee412
December 31st, 2010, 11:45 PM
So I am pissed off that my "friends" ditched me for newyear's eve, I log in on my XP SP3 computer only to see that Team fortress is available for $5. I can't install it on my computer as the C: Dive has no space, I decide to use EASUS Partitioner to Resize my F Drive, it tells me to restart my Pc ... a black screen with a progress bar comes up and I get up and go to the bathroom.

When I come back I see the computer restarting (I am not sure if it was with EASUS software or Power fluctuation). I get the error "Error: Unknown Filesystem" and I weep :'( A bad start this newyear. I am very very sad.

All my photos, office files everything is on it, without any backup! I am using Windows XP SP3 and Ubuntu 10.10 dual boot both installed on my C drive. I am an absolute n00b with linux. I know you guys are busy with newyear, but if you have the time please help me out. I shall be forever grateful to you.

P.S: I hope you guys have an amazing newyear and a great year ahead.

Well, Im not sure if I will be much help but What I would do is first boot a Ubuntu cd and choose the "run live" option. Then I would find all my photos and such and copy them to something. Then go in and see about fixing it. Make sure your data is in a safe place first.

Good Luck.

VeeXee
January 1st, 2011, 12:12 AM
Thanks ... Hope some one helps me fix it :(