PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Wine menu in Openbox menu?

cyb3r_sn4k3
December 31st, 2010, 09:00 AM
Is it possible to have a wine menu in the openbox menu with all the configure wine, wine programs etc etc?

Version Dependency
December 31st, 2010, 09:08 PM
Is it possible to have a wine menu in the openbox menu with all the configure wine, wine programs etc etc?

Yes. You have to manually edit the menu, of course. But here are the things you will probably want to add:

Browse C: Drive

xdg-open .wine/dosdevices/c:Configure Wine

winecfgUninstall Programs

wine uninstallerAnd to point to a specific program that you've installed in Wine, it should look something like the following:

env WINEPREFIX="/home/USERNAME/.wine" wine "C:\Program Files\program\program.exe"In the above you will change USERNAME to your name, of course.

Best of luck!

cyb3r_sn4k3
January 1st, 2011, 04:12 AM
K thnx I got the first "problems" solved:guitar:. But can I make a menu which automatically updates itself? I mean if I install a new software can it be automatically added?

Version Dependency
January 1st, 2011, 05:19 AM
K thnx I got the first "problems" solved:guitar:. But can I make a menu which automatically updates itself? I mean if I install a new software can it be automatically added?

No, you will have to add it manually. It only takes a few seconds (I assume you have obmenu installed -- if not, install it). All you need to know is the terminal command to launch the new program(s) you have installed. If you don't know the command, you can look it up by opening alacarte (this is the program that manages the main menu in Gnome).

cyb3r_sn4k3
January 1st, 2011, 01:23 PM
Yeah I geuss its ok it would be cool thought to have something like that :)