PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] realtek ac 97 isn't working on lucid

Linyx
December 28th, 2010, 12:22 PM
I had just replace my old PC to Athlon X2, and now when i check my pre-installed ubuntu on it, sound isn't working,

I try to run from terminal "alsamixer", it couldn't found anything...when i type "sudo apt-get install alsamixer" > E: Couldn't find package alsamixer.

Moreover, i had also check from Live-CD, my sound isn't working....

when i open up my sound-preferences, hardware & input tab tab is empty, but in output, their is only one thing > Dummy-output strereo...

I have attached a screen-shot as well....

VonSpyder
December 28th, 2010, 03:02 PM
is it disabled in bios?

Linyx
December 28th, 2010, 03:23 PM
is it disabled in bios?

well, i didn't check it in BIOS, but i problem is solved now, because their was a problem in Card..

rmockler
December 28th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Would you please tell us how you got the problem fixed in the card?
I believe I have a problem in my card also.

Linyx
December 28th, 2010, 03:33 PM
Would you please tell us how you got the problem fixed in the card?
I believe I have a problem in my card also.

i just bring a PC from one of my friend (x2) but sound didn't work in that, even i had try a live CD.....tabs are empty as i had posted in my 1st post....I Didn't fixed it...thats why can't help you with that...but if you wish i will mark thread as unsolved thread,...may someone help..

VonSpyder
December 28th, 2010, 03:59 PM
since i amfamiliar with this card and have had ubuntu versions 8.10, 9.04, 9.10, 10.04, and 10.10 work succesfully with it then I suggest to any who have this problem check the following:

Is the card enabled in bios?
are the speakers plugged into the correct 3.5mm jack?
is there another soundcard installed on top of it?
have you recently installed a sound application like jack, alsa or pulse audio?

rmockler
February 3rd, 2011, 08:11 PM
Wow, looking back this problem was in last year's calendar. But I still have the problem, so here is my comment: I pass all the points in the post prior to this one, with one caveat. If I plug in external speakers of any sort or headphones, including microphone, they all work great. The failure is with the internal speakers - this is a laptop, I never carry external speakers with me in a work situation, but would still like to have audio through the internal speakers. I have worked alsamixer to death in the last couple of months, and still no success. I am open to any and all suggestions.

Linyx
February 4th, 2011, 06:16 PM
Wow, looking back this problem was in last year's calendar. But I still have the problem, so here is my comment: I pass all the points in the post prior to this one, with one caveat. If I plug in external speakers of any sort or headphones, including microphone, they all work great. The failure is with the internal speakers - this is a laptop, I never carry external speakers with me in a work situation, but would still like to have audio through the internal speakers. I have worked alsamixer to death in the last couple of months, and still no success. I am open to any and all suggestions.

Can you post the screen-shoot of the tab in sound-preference, As i have in my 1st post.....