PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] PHP script permission issue.

Guruprasad
December 24th, 2010, 08:10 AM
I have Apache2 server with PHP.

I want a php script to create new directories at a location which do not have access permission for www-data.

Will there be any security issue id I give access permission for www-data? Or can I run php script as some other user than the default www-data?

windependence
December 24th, 2010, 08:27 AM
You can do this in PHP but I'm not sure you would want to for security reasons. Can you give us a bit more info as to what exactly you are trying to do and I may have some more suggestions.

-Tim

Guruprasad
December 24th, 2010, 12:19 PM
I have a folder "/media/Disk1/Works" with "bcstaff" as owner and group with permision as 770.

I want the php script to create folder like "/media/Disk1/Works/SomeWork" but it is not able to create because "www-data" which is default user of Apache and PHP do not have write permision for "/media/Disk1/Works"

How can I do this without give write access of "/media/Disk1/Works" to "www-data"?

iponeverything
December 24th, 2010, 01:44 PM
You can have the script call su and setup /etc/sudoers for only one specific command for that user. So for instance the specific command can be a script that only does one thing. You can have it so that sudo does not require a password for that user to run that command.

su - some-other-user <command>