PDA

View Full Version : Do you donate?

Drenriza
December 21st, 2010, 09:48 AM
Do you donate to any Ubuntu projects?

If you do.
Why do you donate.
Was it a one time thing or do you do a monthly donation.
Who do you donate to.
How much do you donate.

If you dont.
Why dont you donate?

I myself does not donate to the Ubuntu projects out their.
But what i would like to see in Ubuntu was a program where different projects could sign up to receive donations. And then you could through the program donate. And then i would donate if no less than 90% would go to the projects and 10% could be for maintenance / expenses.

EDIT:
I wanted a poll but i could not see an option to add one :( sad smiley.

handy
December 21st, 2010, 09:50 AM
No.

I donate monthly to avaaz, who are helping me to change the world:

http://www.avaaz.org/

KuriKai
December 21st, 2010, 10:45 AM
I do not donate money, but I donate my time doing graphics work and helping debug an open source project (it's not in Ubuntu yet)

The Real Dave
December 21st, 2010, 10:48 AM
No, but I do Fold for Team Ubuntu (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FoldingAtHomeTeamUbuntu), and try to help out best I can in the forums :)

Sean Moran
December 21st, 2010, 01:06 PM
Do you donate to any Ubuntu projects?

If you dont. (donate to Ubuntu projects)
Why dont you donate?

I donate a substantial portion of my pension to people with less than I have. Very hard to find people like that in Australia, and I suspect this forum. If you speak English and have ADSL, you're most likely not qualified for charity from the likes of myself.

handy
December 21st, 2010, 02:31 PM
I donate a substantial portion of my pension to people with less than I have. Very hard to find people like that in Australia, and I suspect this forum. If you speak English and have ADSL, you're most likely not qualified for charity from the likes of myself.

You probably didn't mean to sound as arrogant as you did in your above statement...

samalex
December 21st, 2010, 03:55 PM
The only place I donate regularly to is our local NPR station, but in the past I've donated to TWiT, Freenode, SomaFM, and a few other online organizations.

Roasted
December 21st, 2010, 04:39 PM
I donated blood last week. Does that count?

EDIT - Gosh I'm such a failure. I missed the keyboard "Ubuntu."

EDIT II - Why can't I stop failing? I meant to say '...keyword "Ubuntu."' not keyboard...

alaukikyo
December 21st, 2010, 05:11 PM
i would donate when i start earning.

samalex
December 21st, 2010, 05:25 PM
EDIT - Gosh I'm such a failure. I missed the keyboard "Ubuntu."

Ahh, I just saw that too :) Read it too fast.

stmiller
December 21st, 2010, 05:30 PM
Donate link:

http://www.ubuntu.com/community/get-involved/donate

:P

Spice Weasel
December 21st, 2010, 05:58 PM
Why would you need to donate to Canonical? They are a for-profit corporation.

donkyhotay
December 21st, 2010, 06:16 PM
I donate time to various FOSS projects but not money.

Spr0k3t
December 21st, 2010, 07:28 PM
I donate. Once a year I pick an organization which has best utilized the idea of Open Source (be it software or business ideology), and give 10% as an anonymous donation. What's funny though, I haven't had to donate for hardware drivers in at least four years now. I'm still hoping that one day I will find an individual who I believe deserves the donations I make.

As for who I have donated to, that's between myself and the receiving party.

NMFTM
December 21st, 2010, 10:38 PM
I donated $80 to the Electronic Frontier Foundation a few years ago because they do a lot to defend privacy, expose corruption, push for open standards, etc. I haven't donated since because I'm currently out of college, jobless, and living with the parents.

lz1dsb
December 22nd, 2010, 10:49 AM
This was my third year in a roll to donate to Wikimedia Foundation. Probably not everybody likes Wikipedia, but I believe it's a good project...

Cheers

Johnny420
December 22nd, 2010, 11:29 AM
The check is in the mail!!!!!!!!!!

asifnaz
December 22nd, 2010, 11:39 AM
I am jobless right now . I will donate a good amount to Foss when I get a decent job . Untill then I keep donating my time (I hope it has some value :D )