PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Grub 2 Parition Question

hunter99507
December 19th, 2010, 11:06 PM
Right now i have GRUB2 installed. I have a hidden Partition on my computer called PQSERVICE. It is a acer recovery partition that is hidden. What i want to do is boot to that recovery parition, however it doesnt show up on GRUB2. How do I go about accessing that partition?

coffeecat
December 19th, 2010, 11:11 PM
If you install Gparted (or run it from the live CD session) you can unset the hidden flag. In Gparted, select the partition and then Partition > Manage Flags. Once you've unset the hidden flag, simply run this from a terminal (not in the live CD):

sudo update-grubAnd that (hopefully) will pick up the recovery partition and add a grub entry for you. Post back if it doesn't and we can investigate further.

hunter99507
December 20th, 2010, 05:19 AM
I clicked manage flags but none were hilighted. Is their something else i can do to boot to that PQSERVICE

alzie
December 20th, 2010, 05:42 AM
Try <alt>+F10 during the boot sequence. If you are dual booting you can do it at any time during a windows session.

hunter99507
December 20th, 2010, 06:55 PM
I have been doing some research and my acer computer and the alt + f10 is not working. I made sure to turn it on in the bios and it still doesnt work. From reading, it says I have to press alt + f10 at POST. I tried that but it didnt work. Also i read that the acer MBR has to be installed in order to use the alt + f10. Right now i have GRUB2 installed under Easy BCD, so i diffidently overwrote the MBR. Is their a way grub and recognize my PQSERVICE so i can boot to it?