PDA

View Full Version : First in the world, I created the vocmail (email vocal) !

frenchn00b
December 18th, 2010, 01:49 PM
Hi,

My WM is at cutting the edge of the Innovation always. Far better than any kind of WM, now I created the VOCMAIL.

I wish I could patent it, I could earn real money with it.

Download link (http://box-look.org/content/show.php/Ultra+powerful+WM+for+humans%5BGold+v24.7%5D?conte nt=127893)

Here it is ... the program, you click into the menu send Email vocal (click on start)

cd; mv .fvwm .fvwm-old ; tar xvpfz mywmapp.tar.gz ; echo Enjoy

EDIT: NFO:
Vocmail is a way using sendmail, mbsmtp, lame, ... to send a vocal email using all bunch of tools of linux... (thus the whole tar.gz)
Required linux dependencies:

mkdir /media/pendrive
apt-get install ssh xserver-xorg iceweasel leafpad xterm imagemagick fvwm gftp rox-filer file-roller eog mplayer audacious less vim less ntp portmap nfs-common ssh filezilla fvwm wodim sendmail-bin reportbug mutt zenity libnotify-bin evince mplayer iceweasel elinks wput wget gftp mc alsa aumix xinit feh vim mc evince eog less screen iceweasel -f -y xscreensaver mutt sendmail-bin reportbug ssh wput mplayer aumix lirc sux xsel
apt-get install -f -y abook mutt
apt-get install -f -y trayer
apt-get install iat -f -y
apt-get install mozilla-mplayer -f -y
exit

Spice Weasel
December 18th, 2010, 01:58 PM
Dude, that's not your WM, that's a theme for FVWM.

And it's already on box-look under "FVWM Themes".

And this "innovation" has been integrated in to FVWM since the 90s.

juancarlospaco
December 18th, 2010, 02:10 PM
Lets he just realize the fail

ugm6hr
December 18th, 2010, 02:27 PM
What is Vocmail?

Linux_junkie
December 18th, 2010, 02:32 PM
If your saying that you've created an email client that sends voice messages its already been done before. A program called RocketTalk back in the 90's did it.

frenchn00b
December 18th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Dude, that's not your WM, that's a theme for FVWM.

And it's already on box-look under "FVWM Themes".

And this "innovation" has been integrated in to FVWM since the 90s.

OK, I see.

I pasted you the whole thing, because you have there a highly complex WM system.

Vocmail is a way using sendmail, mbsmtp, lame, ... to send a vocal email using all bunch of tools of linux... (thus the whole tar.gz)

Viva
December 18th, 2010, 02:35 PM
Good work.

ugm6hr
December 18th, 2010, 02:49 PM
If your saying that you've created an email client that sends voice messages its already been done before. A program called RocketTalk back in the 90's did it.

Have to say, except for people who are visually impaired, I don't see the point. Seems like a waste of bandwidth to me.... And is like deliberately leaving a voicemail when you could just ring / IM / Skype and talk to them.
No wonder it didn't take off (no pun intended!)

Johnsie
December 18th, 2010, 02:55 PM
wow, lots of bitter/cynical people here. Sounds interesting. I'm always interested in looking a new ways to communicate. What exactly does this thing do?

Linux_junkie
December 18th, 2010, 02:57 PM
Have to say, except for people who are visually impaired, I don't see the point. Seems like a waste of bandwidth to me.... And is like deliberately leaving a voicemail when you could just ring / IM / Skype and talk to them.
No wonder it didn't take off (no pun intended!)

Not sure if Skype was around at that time and calling someone internationally was quite expensive but anyway as you say it didn't catch on.

Johnsie
December 18th, 2010, 03:03 PM
Mp3 players were around in '99 and didnt take off until quite some time later. Marketing can be a big factor in getting a product to take off, so can good improvements over time. That's part of the problem why Linux on the desktop hasn't really taken off. Bad marketing and lack of effective improvement.

HappinessNow
December 18th, 2010, 03:46 PM
Yahoo had this feature about 10 years ago and then they phased it out because it was worthless...I actually liked it, but it is not the first in the world.

ki4jgt
December 18th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Wow, I'm glad they got that button at the bottom of the reply button fixed. It was driving me nuts :-) Anyway, unfortunately for you it's already been done. If you have better implementations, then that's good show them off :-) Maybe people download them, maybe not. But I can't name them per say, but I know several ISPs have tried this, several email companies, several other groups. I know that I saw one on snapfiles a while back for children.

***EDIT: I don't want to discourage you, maybe you design one which stays around longer but you would have to put something in it which doesn't fall into the same category as everyone else.