PDA

View Full Version : The Office: Who will replace Michael Scott?

forrestcupp
December 18th, 2010, 12:18 AM
If season 7 is Steve Carell's last season of The Office, but it's not the last season of the show, who will replace him as the regional manager?

In my opinion, Ricky Gervais is the only real choice. His character was the basis for Michael Scott, anyway. They need to transfer him from Slough to take over.

clayton2
December 18th, 2010, 01:34 AM
I don't see them getting a new guy in to replace Michael Scott. They will probably promote from within, with the logical choice being either Dwight or Jim, but I'm anxious to see how it plays out.

Schrute Farms
December 18th, 2010, 02:29 AM
I actually hope they just end it after this season.
I don't think moving some one else up from within would work. Michael Scott was a horrible boss, Dwight would be just as bad, but he'd probably just fire everyone within a couple of weeks. Jim wouldn't mess things up like Michael does/did, so I don't think he would work.

Creed is the only one I'd like to see.

clayton2
December 18th, 2010, 04:17 AM
I actually hope they just end it after this season.
I don't think moving some one else up from within would work. Michael Scott was a horrible boss, Dwight would be just as bad, but he'd probably just fire everyone within a couple of weeks. Jim wouldn't mess things up like Michael does/did, so I don't think he would work.

Creed is the only one I'd like to see.

LOL, Creed would be hilarious!

One of my favorite quotes: [Talking to Angela] "Hey Pumpkin, we're going to ditch this b*tch. Are you in?" "Pumpkin's out, let's go gang!"

But I know that they aren't ending the show, they already have planned who's going to replace him, and according to an interview with I think Paul Liberstein, they'll be leading up to it the rest of the season.

forrestcupp
December 18th, 2010, 07:55 PM
So there are only two other fans of The Office? :confused:

I don't see them getting a new guy in to replace Michael Scott. They will probably promote from within, with the logical choice being either Dwight or Jim, but I'm anxious to see how it plays out.I think that's what some of the writers or producers are pushing for, but I think it's a mistake. Gervais is the only one who could keep the dynamics going in the same way and do it justice. Have you ever seen any of the original U.K. Office episodes?

Creed is the only one I'd like to see.Dwight would screw things up, but he's too serious and not intentionally goofy. Jim is too normal to take Michael's place. No one else really has the star qualities that it would take to move into that kind of role, not even Creed.

It's either Gervais, or it's gonna suck. I've actually heard that they've kicked around the idea of using Ricky Gervais.