PDA

View Full Version : Conflicted

Tristam Green
December 10th, 2010, 03:21 PM
I received a trolling infraction for expressing anti-linux sentiments in a thread where the OP was clearly satisfied with Ubuntu. I can see where that could be gleaned, despite the fact that it wasn't the intent -- trolling, that is. Making an analogy? Absolutely, even in the heavy-handed way it was done.

However, now I'm conflicted: Here (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1624619) we have a thread where the OP is clearly, beyond the shadow of a doubt, completely dissatisfied with Linux at large. Nearly every other post in the thread is some form of detraction against the OP, in the form of pro-linux sentiment or anti-Apple sentiment (the OP ends his original post with "Apple seems to be my next stop").

I would report each of these posts as being offensive in the very same fashion as my own grossly offensive post, but I don't want my carpal tunnel to flare up in the repetitive process, nor do I want to flood the reported post inbox.

Please take this under great consideration with the utmost respect, as what is good for the goose, must also be good for the gander(s).

Love and Peace,

TG

KiwiNZ
December 10th, 2010, 06:36 PM
I will look at this and come back as soon as I can

KiwiNZ
December 10th, 2010, 06:56 PM
In the interests of consistency I believe that your post should have received (in addition to being jailed) a warning. And after looking at the OP's previous thread I further inclined towards that.

However, that does not excuse what does seem to have been an "organised" hit on that thread.

I am in this case going to reverse the infraction and issue a warning.

Tristam Green
December 10th, 2010, 07:52 PM
Well, I appreciate that. Thank you.

Tristam Green
December 10th, 2010, 07:53 PM
Well, I appreciate that. Thank you.

as I can't edit, I'll add only that there was zero organization of any kind, regardless of appearance. To remedy doubts, see my signature for the nature of all my posts.

KiwiNZ
December 10th, 2010, 07:57 PM
Thank you for that and I am prepared to accept that and call it closed.