PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Activation of wireless

iokara08
December 10th, 2010, 01:25 PM
Hi,

Is it any way of activating my wireless without using the external switch of laptop (currently broken)?

If yes how can I memorize this action so that each time I boot it will be automatically open?

I am using Ubuntu 10.10. In previous versions wireless was always activated.

Good afternoon.

wojox
December 10th, 2010, 01:32 PM
Have you checked Network Connections to make sure it automatically connects?

grahammechanical
December 10th, 2010, 01:33 PM
I do not know if this will work but try going to System>Preferences>Startup Applications and make sure that Network manager has a tick mark against it. Also go to the Options tab and put a tick mark against Automatically remember running applications when logging out. And also press the Remember currently running application button.

Regards.

iokara08
December 10th, 2010, 01:47 PM
OK,

This issue bothers me for long time now.
I have used the "remember currently running application", it works but it remembers ony if the laptop is feeded by power (AC or battery).
What do I mean?

My battery is crazy...sometimes remembers and it is working for a week no longer:p. So, as long as my battery has a capacity when I use "remember currently running application" then every time I am "starting up" settings (pwer manager & wireless) are "up";)(Just to say that, in order to activate once the wireless, I have used the live cd of previous ubuntu versions)

If no battery capacity exists nothing is saved after I unplug laptop.

I hope did not confused you.

I have to say that I haven't tried to use the other option:
"Automatically Remember running applications when logging out"