PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] wireless bridge IP settings

itilious
December 8th, 2010, 09:34 PM
I first want to say that I am very new to Ubuntu so please forgive any ignorance

I have successfully given internet access to my xbox by connecting it via crossover cable to my ubuntu 10.04 laptop and given the eth0 settings "share with other computers"

My issue is that the ip address being given to the xbox is 10.42.43.10

How can I change this ip address given, or use a static ip address (ie 192.168.x.x) because using this ip address keeps my xbox from accessing windows shares on WORKGROUP on my 192.168.x.x network

Any help is GREATLY appreciated,, I've already had to do 1 reinstall because I unsuccessfully made advanced edits according to guides/tutorials that did not work and disabled my Internet completely :(

itilious
December 8th, 2010, 11:49 PM
I found a temporary work around, i'm using my WAN ip address to access an FTP to access the shares. does this mean all my traffic between my local LAN is being publicly made?

I really wish to find out how to get my xbox which is bridged to my ubuntu wifi accessible on my local network :(

PLEASE someone help me, because I dont want to continue using my WAN IP to simply share files