PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Wireless Problem - Hannspree Hannsnote

timjeremiah
December 8th, 2010, 01:52 AM
Hey all! I'm a new member here and Ive been browsing the forums and figured I'd post a question thats been bugging me. I have a Hannspree Hannsnote 10.1 inch netbook. I have it dual booting Ubuntu 10.04 and Windows 7. I have everything running perfectly on 10.04 except I cannot get my wireless to work. My home network is wireless n and is secured using wpa2 encryption. I have been able to connect once before by some form of magic and ever since it has not connected. When I plug in the ethernet it works fine, my only issue is the wireless. Everytime I try and connect it goes into its connecting stages, but then prompts me for my password again. Any ideas? Thanks.
-Tim

uncaspi
December 8th, 2010, 02:04 AM
Don't use mixed mode encryption. Possibly bug in the distro.

timjeremiah
December 8th, 2010, 02:08 AM
What do you mean? Theres gotta be someone who has the same type of encryption as me....I dont think its that isolated of a problem ya know? And yideas on how to get around this?

timjeremiah
December 14th, 2010, 01:00 AM
Anyone? This problem is the only thing keeping me from fully enjoying Ubuntu on my laptop! I tried this guide (http://www.ctbarker.info/2010/05/ubuntu-1004-wireless-chipsets-and-wpa.html) but I have had little success. It connected once but on restart failed to connect ever again.