PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] ATI Randeon Express 200 TV-OUT Not Working

joe26
December 7th, 2010, 08:14 PM
I Have A HP Pavilion A1473W Computer, With A Built In ATI Randeon Express 200 With A S-Video Plug In Back. I Am Running Duel Boot With Ubuntu 8.04 & Windows XP Home, I Have Been Trying For About A Month now. My TV-Out Works On My Windows XP Home Installation, But Not On My Ubuntu 8.04. I Have Tried To Install The Driver What Comes Up In Restricted Drivers, But When I Do, My Entire System Crashes On The Boot Screen, Right When My Mouse Is Supposed Appear, The Entire Thing Freezes. All It Shows Is A Bunch Of Random Colours, The Same Thing Happens When I Try It On Ubuntu 8.10, 9.04, & 10.10. I Have Also Went TO ATI's Website And Downloaded The Driver From There, The Install Goes Great, But Still No TV-Out, it Does Not Work. I Am Willing To Change OS From Ubuntu To Anything Else As Long As It Works With My ATI TV-Out.

Fafler
December 7th, 2010, 08:20 PM
You should try the latest Ubuntu and the Open Source drivers. TV-Out works for me with other Radeon cards and the same driver.

joe26
December 9th, 2010, 10:23 PM
That Didn't Work, It Did The Same As On The Ubuntu 8.04, 8.10, & 9.04. Any Other Ideas?

Fafler
December 10th, 2010, 11:13 AM
www.google.com/search?q=tv+out+xrandr+radeon :-)
The info at thinkwiki should be really useful for you.