PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Use Droid Incredible for Mobile Broadband on Ubuntu 10.10

nimiaj
December 6th, 2010, 10:23 PM
I recently installed Ubuntu 10.10. I wanted to setup my droid incredible as a modem to connect via the builtin broadband connection under network manager. I searched around and found couple of ways using wvdial as well as a tunneling app. The funny thing is, that I was able to setup my phone as a usbserial device and use it ONCE to connect successfully via the built-in broadband connection setup method. But ever since, it has not worked :-(.

Currently I am running a fresh install of 10.10, and have tried to insert usbserial module for my phone in the kernel, but it does not work. The command I used :

sudo modprobe usbserial vendor=0x00b4 product=0x0ffbI have not made this change permanent though. But whenever I run this and connect my phone with broadband connect enabled, it recognizes my phone however it uses a 'generic' driver according to the logs, and it never lets me enable Broadband Connection or connect successfully.

Any help appreciated!

alexfish
December 7th, 2010, 12:11 AM
can you remember the " /dev/ttyXXX " from wvdial , it may indicate the
which drivers to load
if these don't work try post the the tty

ttyUSB
For GSM :Check to see if the option drivers will load for the device:

Code:

sudo modprobe option

ttyACM
For CDMA :Check to see if the ACM drivers will load for the device: