PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 10.10 won't boot after upgrading!

ShiroiChoco
December 5th, 2010, 07:20 AM
I have dual boot my Windows 7 PC with Ubuntu 10.10 recently. Ubuntu boots well until I upgraded the system with Upgrade Manager. Then all of a sudden it won't load anymore. Is there way I can fix that?

Thanks!

wilee-nilee
December 5th, 2010, 07:28 AM
So from a booted live Ubuntu cd or thumbdrive lets see the bootscript read out; in my signature just click on it and follow the instructions. Come back to the thread and click on the # in the reply panel this makes code tags paste all the text in between.

Probably fixable and this script getting run and the information posted will make it much easier

Sef
December 5th, 2010, 07:57 AM
I have dual boot my Windows 7 PC with Ubuntu 10.10 recently. Ubuntu boots well until I upgraded the system with Upgrade Manager. Then all of a sudden it won't load anymore. Is there way I can fix that?

What version of Ubuntu did you update from?

Jherod
January 19th, 2011, 02:04 AM
Please Help. I am having a problem I downloaded a "cups" file today and I was asked to reboot my system to finish the updates. I clicked ok then the system restarted. I am duel booting Win 7 and Ubuntu 10.10. they have been running fine for several weeks now. once the computer restarts the screen comes up that asks which OS to choose. none of them work. they all go to a black screen that says something about Frequencies. I ran the boot info script. could you please look at it and tell me what is going on? Please.