PDA

View Full Version : [other] flash video will not install

dyland88
December 1st, 2010, 07:07 PM
So I bought a laptop this summer it worked well and then I got the 'thinkpoint' virus and things have not been the same since. I was able to get rid of the virus and got bitdefender afterwards but it seems like my computer has run much slower since.

Furthermore, I cannot watch video anymore. My flash player was working severely poorly and so I tried to reinstall it. Once I uninstalled flash I downloaded the installation and my bitdefender says its a trojan. I turn bitdefender off and i get and error message "side-by-side configuration is incorrect.

Does anyone know of a way to fix the problem?

sikander3786
December 1st, 2010, 07:45 PM
I am not sure if you are talking about Ubuntu :confused:

If Ubuntu, which version? And which web browser?

Anyways, Welcome to the forums :-)

akand074
December 1st, 2010, 08:22 PM
He is definitely talking about Windows and not Ubuntu. Odd how he ended up here for a Windows issue.

But to answer his question anyways. Honestly with Windows, your best best is a reformat/clean install. Pop in your recovery disks and have it wipe out your entire system and reinstall it. There isn't really any other way. That will bring your system back to its factory default settings (what it was like when you first bought it). Then reinstall all your applications, should be as good as new then. Then eventually it'll slow down again (because it's Windows) so just do a wipe again, repeat. Make sure to back up any important data!!

Good Luck.

Note to OP: This forum is for Ubuntu and other GNU/Linux based operating systems. Your best to go to the Microsoft support forums for Windows questions.