PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Wireless & Suspend

arsci
November 30th, 2010, 06:32 PM
Okay so I've recentrly installed kubuntu on my Dell XPS 16. It's running near perfect, and with only 1 small problem -- wireless and suspend (sleep). When I set the computer to suspend, it does so just fine, no problems. But when it comes back there is no networking. networkmanager just says networking disabled and I have to go into the files and change it from 'false' to 'true' etc, etc. After much searching and hours of tinkering with everything, I came across a random thread that said to disable wireless before suspending and magically, it works!! If I disable wireless before suspending I have no problems. I am a student so being able to suspend is crucial for me.

Now my question is how can I make NetworkManager disable wireless prior to suspending automatically. I maually have to uncheck the box myself, which is fine....I'm just wondering if there is a way to have it do it automatically.

Thanks!

arsci
December 3rd, 2010, 10:47 AM
Anyone have any idea...or at least know of a tutorial or guide of some kind to point me in the right direction?

Thanks!