PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Motherboard Drivers

Devio
November 30th, 2010, 05:12 PM
I seem to be making loads of threads here but I've been looking for a while before posting so here goes.

My sound on Ubuntu in comparison to Windows is lacking a lot of bass and I'm putting it down to the sound drivers on my motherboard never being installed by me, I don't know whether it's done by Ubuntu already and it's just pretty rubbish sound or that it's because I haven't installed the drivers yet.

If drivers are the case, would anyone know where to find Linux drivers for an Asus Striker ii Extreme motherboard please?

Thanks for reading!

00arthuryu
November 30th, 2010, 06:25 PM
try going into

alsamixer
and making sure bass is turned up (if you're using >= 2.1 surround)
Arrow keys to navigate, hope this helps

eriktheblu
November 30th, 2010, 06:26 PM
http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?modelname=Striker%20II%20Extreme&SLanguage=en-us

Sound card drivers are typically not needed. I would check your settings first.

Devio
November 30th, 2010, 06:53 PM
Alsamixer has sorted most of it, turned down Surround and Center and turned the master volume up and it was less tinny. I'm using Speedlink Medusas which have a "Vib Vol" on the little volume control on the wire, which never worked on windows, but I now get a head massage if anything bassy comes on! :D

I'm downloading the LinuxDrivers.zip from the asus site now, I don't know how I managed to miss them I looked ages for exactly this.

Thanks very much!