PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] I think my email is broken????

suomalainen
November 30th, 2010, 02:49 PM
Hello everybody,

It just occurred to me that each time I receive a new email that a little envelope in the top right corner turns from white to green.

The only problem is that when the new piece of email arrives my PC doesn't say "You got mail"..... So I would like to turn this feature on but can't figure out how to... Does someone here know how it's done???

Thanks everyone!

khelben1979
November 30th, 2010, 06:48 PM
What e-mail client are your system configured to use for this?

suomalainen
November 30th, 2010, 07:48 PM
Evolution 2.28.3

germanix
November 30th, 2010, 09:08 PM
Your email seems to be working fine. You do get your post, do you not. Evolution is set to turn the envelope green when new mail is received. That is normal. Whether or not you can also set it to say "you have post" I do not know.
Evolution is the program you use to fetch your post, and not your mail provider. Where is your mail account? Meaning do you use google mail or yahoo mail or what ever. This may help to solve the problem.

suomalainen
November 30th, 2010, 10:41 PM
This has nothing to do with my mail provider and anyway that information you ask for is extremely private.

Evolution should say "You got mail".

Liverbones
December 1st, 2010, 12:11 AM
Evolution should automatically be set to play a sound whenever mail is delivered to your inbox. It may not literally say "You've got mail," but it should be notifying you via sound when you receive a message. If you want to change what sound is played, you should be able to simply go to Edit > Plugins > Mail Notification and select the Configuration tab. From there, you can select a custom sound file to be played.

Let me know if that works for you.

onaridge
December 1st, 2010, 04:04 AM
A few people have complained that they can't get the sound to work despite the check being in the box. I gave up using Evolution when I couldn't make sound work either. If you find a fix please let us know.

suomalainen
December 1st, 2010, 12:31 PM
Hi everybody!

I followed the directions gave by Liverbones and it worked perfectly!

I found a sound file online and use it. Amazingly it is even a .wav file and works!!!!

I'm happy camper now!

Thanks everyone....

Liverbones
December 1st, 2010, 11:47 PM
Hi everybody!

I followed the directions gave by Liverbones and it worked perfectly!

I found a sound file online and use it. Amazingly it is even a .wav file and works!!!!

I'm happy camper now!

Thanks everyone....

No problem, and I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that I'm glad that we could help. :)