PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Trackpad multi touch causes cursor to jump - can't find 11-x11-synaptics.fdi

krunalpatel
November 29th, 2010, 09:37 PM
Trying to get my multi touch trackpad to work. I have a Dell XPS 15 (L501x). It sees that I have a Synaptics Trackapd. I've searched and searched for a soulution to turn on 2 finger scrolling - but all the guides direct me to :

sudo cp /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/20thirdparty/11-x11-synaptics.fdi /etc/hal/fdi/policy/
gksudo gedit /etc/hal/fdi/policy/11-x11-synaptics.fdi

I can't seem to find that file. It's not in that folder. When I tried to create the file and paste the info and save it... my ubuntu wouldn't boot into gnome after I rebooted.

I'm running 10.10 Maverick

krunalpatel
November 30th, 2010, 03:13 PM
bump

Jophish
December 1st, 2010, 12:51 AM
Hi

I had multitouch working with this laptop. But I messed things up while fiddling about with xorg.conf. I'm unable to get back to a state where things are working. But I know that this is possible to do, or I was just dreaming it all...

krunalpatel
December 1st, 2010, 01:39 AM
Hi

I had multitouch working with this laptop. But I messed things up while fiddling about with xorg.conf. I'm unable to get back to a state where things are working. But I know that this is possible to do, or I was just dreaming it all...

You had it working by default or did you do some custom mods? What version of ubuntu are you running?

Jophish
December 7th, 2010, 09:29 PM
Hi

This (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1435663)
Sorted things for me. It seems as though you can set most of the properties for the Synaptics driver with this.

Good luck.

Joe.