PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] how to reinstall removed repositories?

Louigi Verona
November 29th, 2010, 06:32 PM
Hello guys!
I am on Ubuntu 10.04. Since the beginning had the infamous "Requires installation of untrusted packages (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1339490&highlight=ubuntu+software+center)" problem. Sudo apt-key update does not seem to change anything, so I had to remove some of the repositories for good.

Now that I am left with almost an empty source list, I have no idea what to do. Is there a "reset repositories list to default" button anywhere?

barney385
November 29th, 2010, 06:57 PM
Have you checked you software sources list at: System>Admin>Software sources ?

oldos2er
November 29th, 2010, 07:13 PM
Which repositories? Could you re-enable all the repos you want to use, then run sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade in a terminal, and post the output here? It shouldn't be too difficult to download the keys you need.

gmargo
November 29th, 2010, 07:19 PM
Here's the default 10.04 Lucid sources.list file, attached. Rename to "/etc/apt/sources.list" (backup the old one just in case!)

Louigi Verona
November 29th, 2010, 08:08 PM
Thanks guys!

Here's what I did to solve the problem: removed all the offending repos. Then over irc talked to the author of the ppa and he helped me to reinstall all repos. Now everything seems fine since all the keys are valid.