PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] how to create 'Ethernet-over-IP'(or tunnel) interface?

winetmks
November 29th, 2010, 04:11 AM
Hi,
I'm trying to create EoIP interface on ubuntu so i can create a simple tunnel to my mikrotik router. Is there anyone know how or even done that? If EoIP is not possible, is there any other simple way?

I had already read and thought about doing it with OpenVPN, but when I read the community documentation for OpenVPN on ubuntu 10.10, I fear it won't connect the tunnel to mikrotik OpenVPN server, since OpenVPN on ubuntu uses 2 certificate and 2 key files(as i read on the docs), but mikrotik configuration, i can see only 1 certificate can be applied on. This confuses me and make me decide to use EoIP(but i can't find any tutorial/docs about it). I don't actually need the encryption and security, i just need to create a tunnel for ubuntu and mikrotik.

any idea?

Thanks for helping me:popcorn:

redmk2
November 29th, 2010, 07:37 AM
Hi,
I'm trying to create EoIP interface on ubuntu so i can create a simple tunnel to my mikrotik router. Is there anyone know how or even done that? If EoIP is not possible, is there any other simple way?

I had already read and thought about doing it with OpenVPN, but when I read the community documentation for OpenVPN on ubuntu 10.10, I fear it won't connect the tunnel to mikrotik OpenVPN server, since OpenVPN on ubuntu uses 2 certificate and 2 key files(as i read on the docs), but mikrotik configuration, i can see only 1 certificate can be applied on. This confuses me and make me decide to use EoIP(but i can't find any tutorial/docs about it). I don't actually need the encryption and security, i just need to create a tunnel for ubuntu and mikrotik.

any idea?

Thanks for helping me:popcorn:

You could start here (http://www.mikrotik.com/testdocs/ros/2.9/interface/eoip.php).

winetmks
November 29th, 2010, 02:10 PM
to set EoIP on mikrotik, is already familiar to me. But not to ubuntu server. And that's what i'm asking if it is possible.