PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] multiple distro live dvd

Gyanos422
November 29th, 2010, 02:44 AM
I'd like to make a dvd that has a few different flavors of linux. I was thinking Lucid, Maverick, Mint Linux 10, Mint Linux 9 Fluxbox.

I'd like to be able to boot it to a menu that lets you choose which live session to start.

Anyone do this and have any help they can offer?

wayne128
November 29th, 2010, 03:12 AM
You may google "multi iso dvd" or similar phrase and get lots of people who did that.

As for me, I multi boot Linux OS on hard disk, USB disk and thus have not explore multi iso in signal DVD, the 4.7G limit on one dvd is the issue for my playing on multi boot.

Also, if I multi boot from USB, I can use it onto computers that can boot from USB. Basically two possibilities on USB drive, one is full installation, second is just run similar to "live cd'.

Linux is full of fun.:D

C.S.Cameron
November 29th, 2010, 12:22 PM
I'd like to make a dvd that has a few different flavors of linux. I was thinking Lucid, Maverick, Mint Linux 10, Mint Linux 9 Fluxbox.

I'd like to be able to boot it to a menu that lets you choose which live session to start.

Anyone do this and have any help they can offer?

I have been wondering that myself, I also have a multiboot USB but a multiboot CD also sounds interesting. not sure if grub2 will bot CD.

Let me bump this thread.