PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Creating a script to remove and re install windows driver

darrenbrown507
November 28th, 2010, 11:47 AM
Hi guys, I am looking for a little help. I am running 10.10 on a Samsung n130. Occasionally my wifi adapter locks up, everything looks like it is connected but I cannot connect to the web. I have worked out that removing and re-installing the windows driver brings it back to life (a restart also works). What I was wondering is could it be possible to create a script that would carry out the removal and installation of the driver with one click of a button.

Many thanks

mikewhatever
November 28th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Have you tried reloading ndiswrapper instead?

sudo modprobe -r ndiswrapper && sudo modprobe ndiswrapper

If you really need to reinstall the driver, then a script is just a text file with commands and the executable bit.

#!/bin/bash

command1

command2

etc

darrenbrown507
November 28th, 2010, 03:57 PM
Thanks for that. I have created an executable file for enabling and disabling the ndiswrapper. I will see if that works next time I get the problem. Is there a way to work out the commands used for removing and re installing the driver?

Thanks

mikewhatever
November 28th, 2010, 04:59 PM
'To workout the commands?' They are the same commands you use to do it, no magic here, that is, unless someone else does it for you.