PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [WINE] PowerPoint 2007 and OneNote 2007 crash

The Wish Within
November 28th, 2010, 11:24 AM
Hi.

I have installed Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 on Linux Ubuntu 10.04
Word and Excel work fine with WINE, but PowerPoint and OneNote crash.
I don't really need OneNote but I'd like PowerPoint to be working.

When I start PowerPoint it asks me if I want to start it in Safe Mode and then for maybe a second or less the yellow splash screen of PowerPoint appears and disappears and nothing happens. What's the problem?
Has anyone got a solution?

Greetings
The Wish Within

Spyderkid
November 28th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Go to Applications > Wine > Configure Wine
and see if you can change settings to do with Applications Graphics and Drivers

But I don't think Wine works great with Office products.

Check here for some more information on how well Microsoft Office works on Wine (http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=4992)

ronnielsen1
November 28th, 2010, 11:40 AM
Powerpoint 2007 works fine but . . .

In order to run Powerpoint 2007, you must set riched20.dll to (native) in winecfg. Note that you do not have to copy the dll from a Windows partition or use winetricks to install it. Office 2007 installs its own version of richedit in a private directory, but Wine will not use it unless you set the override. Do not set the override globally unless you have Office installed in a separate wineprefix.

One Note should work. Make sure of the following

This program crashes when run in Vista or 7 mode but works ok in XP mode.

The Wish Within
November 28th, 2010, 05:09 PM
I've set riched20.dll to (native) and now PowerPoint works and also OneNote seems to work more or less (there's still an error after closing it but nevermind).

Thanks!

TeeRoy32
February 18th, 2011, 11:29 AM
hi I've got 10.04 64bit and i used playonlinux with wine 1.2.2 to install ms office 2007 enterprise and everything installed fine but powerpoint wouldn't open. I found this thread an I did the riched20.dll thing and it still won't load. the ms corefonts are installed so is there any thing i missed

icutler
March 15th, 2011, 09:21 AM
I had the same problem and your fix worked - thank you so much! Just one quick thing - do you have any tips to get Microsoft Office Onenote going?

icutler
March 15th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Actually, after reading another persons reply, I have discovered that Onenote does work - but not only do I get the error message after I close it, but everytime it close it, it just starts up again - without me doing anything! Can you please help with that?