PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] jpg image to DV frame, video-editor or stop-frame editor?

archolman
November 27th, 2010, 10:09 PM
How can I convert a jpg image into a format I can use as a frame in a video? Or am I trying to use the wrong technology?
What I want, is to have a set of portraits dissolving from one face into another, over time, like the British Telecom advert, or the Michael Jackson video, and I'm not sure whether a video editor, or a stop-frame animation is the way to do it.

I have some video apps, Kino, PiTiVi, Stopframe, etc.

Zimmer
November 27th, 2010, 10:22 PM
It is possible to add images to the timeline in KDENLIVE and apply transitions, then render to DV if you so wish. I am not an expert, I only know because I had to add one to a clip last week...
Maybe Kino will do the same... No, from my limited experience :), except you can click on the FX tab and Create a title from an image with transition and pop another after it etc... then render to DV

archolman
November 27th, 2010, 11:28 PM
Nice one, Zimmer!

I opened Kino, found my way to the right window, added images a couple of times (which are converted with a few clicks) via the browser, & then tried DnD. It saves a few mouse-clicks, & speeds up the work flow.

I've not used Kino before.

Zimmer
November 29th, 2010, 02:45 PM
You might want to investigate Imagination, a KDE app I just found whilst trying out PCLinuxOS.