PDA

View Full Version : How to setup a vote

jozmak
April 20th, 2006, 04:29 PM
Hi all,

I would like to set up a voting page but I dont know how to proceed. Could anyone explain how to do it?

Thanks
jozmak

dermotti
April 20th, 2006, 04:52 PM
hmmm, alot of CMS's have voting functions in them. Check out my site in my signature, it runs off e107.org's script

jozmak
April 20th, 2006, 05:27 PM
Thanks dermotti,

Perhaps, I was not clear enough. I want to set up a vote on this ubuntu forum page. Similar to the icon vote we had here a few month ago.

J. Mak

xenmax
April 20th, 2006, 06:49 PM
When you start a new thread, just above submit thread, there is "Post a poll" option - check that box and it allows you to configure how many options your poll should have and so on...

I dont know how to add a poll to an already existing thread.

jozmak
April 20th, 2006, 10:15 PM
Thanks xenmax.

jozmak
April 20th, 2006, 10:29 PM
Here, I am again. When I check the include poll, it doesn't give me a chance to enter the options for the poll, I mean the name of the artworks and so on. At what point should I enter these option, or where, in the body of the message? Also when I hit the preview button, it doesn't show the poll.

jozmak

xenmax
April 21st, 2006, 04:43 PM
Not sure, perhaps if you check the box and click submit thread button, it might then let you configure polls - not sure - did you check what happens when submit thread button is clicked?

If you are still unsure and cannot post the poll you want, you might want to try and post this thread in "Forum Discussions" forum.

jozmak
April 21st, 2006, 05:36 PM
Thanks, I got it