PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Linksys/Cisco Small Business Series SSL VPN Clients

twotone2
November 23rd, 2010, 05:16 PM
Hello All!

This is my fourth post. I am hoping to get some type of response with this time around. The last three have been unsuccessful. Not one reply. So I am not giving up on you guys yet.

I currently have a WRVS4400N Linksys/Cisco Small Business Router. This router has IPSec VPN capabilities along with SSL VPN connections (I believe that is how QuickVPN client software is handling the client vpn connection). I would like to be able to connect to my network via SSL VPN with my laptop (When I am remote of course lol) which is currently running Ubuntu 10.04 Desktop. I have tried installing QuickVPN with wine with no success.It creates the tunnel but doesn't allow any browsing of the remote network.

My next attempt was to use OpenVPN with Network-Manager. I am not familiar with OpenVPN and how I would be able to configure it to work with my router. I don't even know were I can find the config files to make changes to it.

From my understanding these QuickVPN is used with a varity of Linksys/Cisco SB Series such as RVS4000, RVS082, RVS042 and WRVS4400N. Those were a few off the top of head, I maybe be missing a few others. With that I was hoping that there was someone out there that has gotten this to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TwoTone2
aka Anthony