PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] EasyPen stuck in corner with 10.10

abujenin
November 23rd, 2010, 12:16 AM
Completing set up of my new Genius EasyPen i405 is getting to hard for me. I followed the instructions, but may be there is a different set up for 10.10 (Maverick Meerkat)... remembered maverick means doing things differently!
I followed:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/TabletSetupWizardpen
but it did not work well, so I tried:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1337260&highlight=Genius+EasyPen

Yet still when I try using the EasyPen tablet, the courser just get stuck in the upper left corner.

I had a Genius MousePen 8x6 working since about 9.04 or 9.10; but found it defective when decided to use it recently. So the old configuration of it my be corrupting EasyPen configuration.

Attached are
/etc/hal/fdi/policy/99-x11-wizardpen.fdi
/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/70-wizardpen.conf

Appreciating your assistance and all the effort you put on FOSS; and giving an angry face :mad: to hardware manufacturers that do not support the open software community.

Favux
November 23rd, 2010, 03:07 AM
Hi abujenin,

You don't use the .fdi with Maverick. If you made any changes to your xorg.conf for the EasyPen comment them out.

First try changing your 70-wizardpen.conf to:

Section "InputClass"
Identifier "WizardPen class"
MatchIsTablet "on"
MatchVendor "UC-LOGIC|KYE Systems|Ace Cad"
# MatchProduct "UC-LOGIC"
MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
Driver "wizardpen"
EndSection

Section "InputClass"
Identifier "WizardPen ignore mouse dev"
MatchIsTablet "on"
MatchVendor "UC-LOGIC|KYE Systems|Ace Cad"
# MatchProduct "UC-LOGIC"
MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/mouse*"
Option "Ignore" "yes"
EndSection
Reboot and see what happens.

abujenin
November 23rd, 2010, 09:19 PM
Thank you very much. EasyPen is now working fully across all the screen and with pressure sensing.
So I assume the calibration setting are stored in the .fdi file and not in the .conf file.

Regards,

Favux
November 23rd, 2010, 09:50 PM
Hi abujenin,

Good!

No, there is no .fdi in Lucid or Maverick, HAL was removed. I believe the WizardPen driver is getting the coordinates from a table it has or a table in the WizardPen kernel driver.