PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] Access Windows7 network shares

nŠl
November 22nd, 2010, 09:24 PM
I am trying to access my win7 networks shares with pcmanfm. (I have done sudo apt-get install gvfs-backends). I dont have any pw on my win7 and i dont want one. So every time i try to connect, pcman ask me for pw. How to configure pcman to dont ask me for pw? I have tried linux mint live usb and ubuntu live usb with same result.

cavalier911
November 23rd, 2010, 03:02 AM
Add group Everyone to the Windows 7 computer for Network Share
with no prompt for username or password,

Right Click the drive or folder you want to share in Windows Explorer
Choose properties,Security tab,Group or Usernames,Add button,type Everyone
in the Enter the object names to select box,click OK button,
With Everyone highlighted,click the checkbox by the permissions you desire in the Permissions for Everyone box,click apply button,click ok,Ok to close drive/folder name properties of your share.

You should now be able to mount the Windows 7 share on the Lubuntu computer without being prompted for a username or password.

nŠl
November 23rd, 2010, 10:06 AM
Add group Everyone to the Windows 7 computer for Network Share
with no prompt for username or password,

Right Click the drive or folder you want to share in Windows Explorer
Choose properties,Security tab,Group or Usernames,Add button,type Everyone
in the Enter the object names to select box,click OK button,
With Everyone highlighted,click the checkbox by the permissions you desire in the Permissions for Everyone box,click apply button,click ok,Ok to close drive/folder name properties of your share.

You should now be able to mount the Windows 7 share on the Lubuntu computer without being prompted for a username or password.

I have done that of curse. I can access my win7 shares from xp, win 7 and even my nexus one phone. So the problem is not there.

nŠl
November 23rd, 2010, 09:04 PM
no?

gharika
November 29th, 2010, 03:37 PM
Same issue here, but a more complex one. Since, it was working fine a few days back, and I was able to share my folders on Win 7 to my Ubuntu machine, then I don't know what changed and I am getting username/password prompts now. Providing the username and password for one of the accounts that I have does not help either. This happens when I try to browse the Win7 pc from Nautilus without any specific folder being accessed.

ndefontenay
November 29th, 2010, 03:40 PM
This proves that windows got much more secure than before. So much so that it doesn't even let you connect AT ALL!

I'm having the same problem here. I've heard disabling the guest username can work too.

I've tried that without success but haven't tried the everyone group yet.

try disabling the guest acccount. It could work for you!