PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] External Laptop Speakers?

RabidWeezle
November 22nd, 2010, 01:11 PM
So recently my internal laptop speakers failed (due to a faulty headphone jack that won't switch back to speakers) and I am looking at USB and regular clip on speaker systems for laptops. Has anyone tried any of these systems yet that can suggest a decently affordable option? I was looking at a logitech one that seemed more than just a little pricey. The headphone jack itself still works, so usb or 3.5mm plug are both usable.

Thanks for any input on this subject.

RabidWeezle
November 24th, 2010, 08:52 AM
I ended up ordering a logitech usb sound bar from newegg. I think it's the z305 model. Will test it out and see how it works in usb only mode. If it doesn't work, I can use the AUX in on the speakers with 3.5mm male2male cord. I think all I would have to do is set the usb speakers as the main sound device and it should fly. Anyway, I'll mark this as resolved.

benmoran
November 24th, 2010, 09:56 AM
I've got the Logitech z205, which is a little smaller but probably uses the same audio IC. It works like a charm, volume and power buttons. Even the name comes up correctly under sound preferences.

I picked mine up because I usually use headphones for serious listening/gaming, and just needed something for the rest of the time. These things are meant for laptops though, so they just barely fit on my lcd monitor.