PDA

View Full Version : No Wifi connection upon wakeup

raw157
November 22nd, 2010, 10:12 AM
Hey guys, I just got a little HP min 210, and put the netbook ubuntu on it to try it out.

Everything looks and works ace with the exception of one problem. When ever I close the laptop lid, and then open it back up (waking computer up), I don't have any wifi connections. I have the icon, but with a red exclamation point on it, like the driver isn't installed at all. As soon as I reboot everything goes back to normal.

Ideas/fixes?

I'm currently using the Broadcam STA drivers (what I use on my other hp laptops), there is another drive available, Broadcam B43. I've never used it before, but coluld that be a fix?

I'll give it a shot, but until then, does anyone have an idea for another fix, or someone who has seen this issue beofre?

Thanks,
raw

Fafler
November 22nd, 2010, 10:27 AM
I have a Dell that came with the same wifi card. It had all kind of problems with Ubuntu, so i ended up upgrading it to a Intel 5100. They cost around $12 on eBay.

raw157
November 22nd, 2010, 10:38 AM
Thanks, I'll hold onto that for a last resort. Ive never had this problem before with Ubuntu at all. However, this is my first go around with netbook remix.

raw157
November 22nd, 2010, 07:35 PM
Gonna bump this.. anyone?