PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] need help with Printer networking through linux machine

SGC622
November 21st, 2010, 04:23 AM
Alright, well here it is, i spent most of the day screwing around with this computer trying my best with cups, and samba, only to fail miserably.

What i want to do:
-Connect my hp printer(usb) to an older computer that i installed Lubuntu 10.04(done)
-Make that printer connected to the Lubuntu machine visible and usable to my home network, which consists of an XP machine, and my Kubuntu 10.04 machine.

What i have done:
-i have installed Samba4, cups, some packages a website said i should download with those.
-Made changes to the Samba .conf file and the cupsd.conf file. if i remember correctly the site i went to told me to add listen 192.168.1.*:631 so i did and it told me to tell samba cups was doing the printing and so on and so forth, and then it told me what address to type into my windows machine to add the printer, well so far i made the changes and have wielded no results, its a bit frustrating, and i would like to get this up and running. anyone able to help would be a life saver. If you need a line of code just tell me the command to get it for you. Thank you!