PDA

View Full Version : change 10.10 launcher to 10.04

sandys
November 20th, 2010, 07:24 PM
Hi there,

I just upgraded my Ubuntu install from 10.04 to 10.10, seems pretty decent so far in fact my old netbook seems a little snappier, could all be in the mind.

I'm running on a 1000h eeepc which has a lowly 1024x600 resolution, one of the reasons I liked Ubuntus netbook remix was due to the lack of clutter allowing me to make the most of my machines poor resources, this new launcher is a complete waste of valuable screen real estate, wouldn't be bad if it auto hid, or something but it just sits there being buggerall use most of the time.

Is there a way to configure it to be unobtrusive

Cheers

sandys
November 21st, 2010, 10:02 AM
Managed to find a solution which suits me, changed from netbook edition to normal Ubuntu session and configured my own launcher setup on the top panel and made that panel auto hide itself, this is better than the old Netbook setup I liked as I get to use the full 1024x600 for my applications, no panels at all using up my precious pixels :cool:

Don't know why I didn't think of this sooner.

Hope that helps someone else.

Cheers

falskmyntarn
February 10th, 2011, 07:14 PM
yes, this actually really helped me a lot! had a lot of problems with screen real estate on my eee 700, and this really solved it. also, the computer is faster i regular mode :D so thanks!