PDA

View Full Version : kubuntu or ubuntu?

tadaskr
November 19th, 2010, 05:01 PM
Hello,
I need advice which of these use for my toshiba satellite a300 laptop. I'm thinking 10.10 version, because heating problems on 10.04. I want to use it for wine gaming working, listening music, browsing web. So can anybody advice me which to use. Maybe not kubuntu, ubuntu other variants is accepted
Thanks

snowpine
November 19th, 2010, 05:48 PM
A very frequently-asked question. If you google "kubuntu vs ubuntu" or "gnome vs kde" you will have hours of reading. :)

The short answer is that you should use Ubuntu if you like the Gnome desktop environment, and Kubuntu if you like KDE. If you don't know the difference between Gnome and KDE, burn a Live CD of each and try them for yourself. Both are equally well-suited for your goals of "wine gaming working, listening music, browsing web."

Megaptera
November 19th, 2010, 07:42 PM
A very frequently-asked question. If you google "kubuntu vs ubuntu" or "gnome vs kde" you will have hours of reading. :)

The short answer is that you should use Ubuntu if you like the Gnome desktop environment, and Kubuntu if you like KDE. If you don't know the difference between Gnome and KDE, burn a Live CD of each and try them for yourself. Both are equally well-suited for your goals of "wine gaming working, listening music, browsing web."

+1 to that, only you can decide after test-driving both.