PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] OpenOffice language from script

JoTaB
November 16th, 2010, 01:00 PM
Hi!

I am deploying ubuntu 10.10 to 40 computers in 4 schools (more to come...). The thing is that i would like to set the language of openoffice to swedish from the start. Now i have to open gnome-language-selector and download some packs and apply systemwide. How can this be done from the command-line? Or even better: during install?

TIA!

purpones
November 16th, 2010, 01:51 PM
I have the same question with you Tia, how the heck are we able to install the language for openoffice during the installation.

JoTaB
November 16th, 2010, 02:19 PM
I have the same question with you Tia, how the heck are we able to install the language for openoffice during the installation.

Haha my name is Jon, tia is short for thanks in advance.

I can install the openoffice-l10n-sv package.. but i cant set it as the default one. A CLI version of the gnome-language-selector would be the best. IMHO these settings should be effective from the moment i choose language in the installer.

JoTaB
November 18th, 2010, 01:03 PM
I have found a solution that works for me. I preseed the installation of the openoffice.org-l10n-sv package, and after the final reboot i find OpenOffice in swedish. This works for me but does not allow you to change language from the command-line.