PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Exporting Gpass Lists

BJ_Covert_Action
November 16th, 2010, 07:57 AM
Howdy Y'all,

I am not sure this is the right subforum, but I figured I'd post here and see how it turns out. I recently purchased a new smartphone which runs the password manager: "Password Safe." Up until now, I have been storing all of my passwords in GPass on my desktop box. I was hoping there was some way to easily port my Gpass list to Password Safe on my phone. It looks like Password safe can open XML files formatted by KeePassX or FPM2. So maybe I can port my Gpass list to one of those programs and export from there.

So far as I can tell, the Gpass password list is saved as:

~/.gpass/password.gps

...but I am really only guessing that is the right file. So, does anyone know if that file can be opened by other password managers, or if there is a way to export that file in XML via GPass? I tried copying that file to my phone and opening it using Password Safe but it wouldn't recognize the correct password to open the file (password might figure in device ID, I don't really know). Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance guys,
Brady

Johncena230
November 16th, 2010, 10:17 AM
It does this on a user-configurable interval from 15 minutes to every 5 seconds.The G pass lists prepare and export on Google for create knowledge.

BJ_Covert_Action
November 17th, 2010, 09:53 PM
Um, I really don't know what you are trying to say. When you say it does, "this," every 15 minutes to 5 seconds, do you mean it exports the Gpass passwords list in the file I mentioned in my post?

What does your second sentence mean? It prepares and exports on Google? How is Google involved? And what do you mean when you say, "creates knowledge?"