PDA

View Full Version : Thread Closing: Logo Design Competion

corrytonapple
November 12th, 2010, 12:47 AM
Hello Admins.
I am here to inquire and state some things about the closing of my thread (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1609765). My main reason here is to get it open, but you guys do what you can. I guess I could understand how the three users might like it closed, and I am not one to judge by bean count, but I think them being new and trying to throw my thread down the drain was not nice. I thought it was fair for me to create it though. I donate, optionally of me, on my time about 25+ hours a week to this community. I post a thread asking to see if anyone could in their free time design logo. They tell me my thread is
Quote:
td p { margin-bottom: 0in; }p { margin-bottom: 0.08in; } "A mod should clean this garbage up as soon as it clutters this forum."
--psoulocybe
Then I was told that my thread was garbage? I do think that is rude. Now they were not forced to design a logo on their time, just as I was not forced to donate to the community. I do it because I want to, and they make logos, since they aren't full blown professional, on their own time. We both do it for free because we enjoy doing what we do, and no one was forced to do anything or insulted. I was insulted, and I might have set things straight in the third or forth of my posts. But still, why do they get away with closing my thread? I also think I have seen this threads before, and they got away with it. This guy (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1619039) just asked how his was and he was not slammed and he even got an example logo posted right in the forums!

As for the link provided, I think that it is pretty messed up. They state stuff about how horrible people who ask for contributions are, then they say, "Hey, lets start an art competition for no good and no reason. I just don't see the point in that, since they could be making art for big contributors to forums and places like that. The poster could have given me a link to take my "garbage" somewhere else. That would have been a lot better.

I thank you for your words (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=171805)bapoumba, but really I need something to build around. The logo is the first square, and must be set straight, so the rest of the coding falls in to place. Thank you for recommending that though.

Finally, I would like to know how my thread staying up or down was judged. I think it should be of the interest of the community, instead of one person. I saw it said, "Closed for staff review", but how many people took part in the review? I just don't want it to be closed by five guys on the forums.

Thank you for clarifying things for me. I appreciate it and the community. You guys are just cool. Thanks.

cariboo907
November 12th, 2010, 02:01 AM
For the admins:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1613596

corrytonapple
November 12th, 2010, 02:13 AM
Also, may I add that it is not your fault Cariboo. You were acting for the community and doing your job.

KiwiNZ
November 12th, 2010, 03:25 AM
The thread was reviewed by staff and decided that it was not appropriate for this forum. As per the Code of Conduct the Staff reserves the right to moderate the Forum content.

Ubuntu Forums is the official support forum for Ubuntu and as such primarily focuses on that and other related IT subjects. We allow some latitude in the Cafe.

In your case it was considered more appropriate that you conduct your competition on your own web site and your thread was closed accordingly.

corrytonapple
November 12th, 2010, 03:56 AM
OK. That is cool. Since the site is far from complete, I cannot post it their. Where do you reccomend I post a request for a designer who just wants to help and needs something to do?

bodhi.zazen
November 12th, 2010, 05:48 PM
OK. That is cool. Since the site is far from complete, I cannot post it their. Where do you reccomend I post a request for a designer who just wants to help and needs something to do?

Set up a server and start designing. You have many options to do so.

Ask friends / family to review your work.