PDA

View Full Version : How to start programming

rjalal
November 10th, 2010, 10:58 PM
How do I start programming ubuntu.
c++. beginner know.
What language is good that I can also design the site I use.
I'm Iranian. English is pretty good too.:P

Iowan
November 11th, 2010, 02:37 AM
From the Code of Conduct:

Use color and font properties for highlighting portions of your text, and not for all of the text in your post. Please use the default font color and properties unless you need to highlight or draw attention to a part of your post. ALL CAPS is interpreted as screaming. Funky non-uniform font size/color is difficult for those who are visually impaired. If you are having problems with reading the font, please adjust your browser.

Whiteice
November 11th, 2010, 02:42 AM
Programming languages all depend on what your looking todo. I started out way back when learning Qbasic which I picked up the fundamentals of programming. Since then I have taught myself HTML which is used for building websites. Currently I am working on learning C++ but I have had some experience with Java and Visual basic. In your case if your running a linux system you might want to start with python because its built into linux and easy to learn. But you just need to figure out what you wanna do and then you can find a language for your needs.

lisati
November 11th, 2010, 02:42 AM
The "stickies" at the start of the Programming Talk (http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=39) section have a lot of useful information and useful links.

Crazedpsyc
November 11th, 2010, 10:15 PM
Python is easy and with mod_python in apache you can put python directly in your html (beween <% and %>) I recommend "Beginning Python" (a book) to get started

wkhasintha
November 12th, 2010, 04:51 AM
Go with python bro,

abhilashm86
November 12th, 2010, 06:41 AM
I took a wrong method of learning C, C++ earlier, i fought hard but could not understand programming. Then python changed the way i think!! :)

All i say is give python a shot for week, you'll understand things better!!

More libraries, shortcuts, web development, python is the way!!

abhilashm86
November 12th, 2010, 06:41 AM
go with python bro,

++1

juancarlospaco
November 12th, 2010, 07:05 AM
Python as Language, Web2Py as FrameWork...

wkhasintha
November 12th, 2010, 02:25 PM
++1

:):)

matt_symes
November 12th, 2010, 02:39 PM
Hi

Learn python and C or C++ and you will be fine in Ubuntu. C and C++ are syntactically similar but differ in methodologies. They are easy to learn but take a lifetime to really master. Python is just fun.

Kind regards.