PDA

View Full Version : JMF installation problem -- no jmv4l in java.library.path?

masqueradestar
November 9th, 2010, 07:32 PM
Hi all.

I was given code that uses JMF -- for research, so I'm stuck with it -- and I can't seem to figure out how to fix this error. I'm running Ubuntu 9.10 32-bit, and my IDE is Eclipse.

After fixing the tail problem (https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/104511), installing, and importing the .jars into the path, when I try to run the program, I get this:

JavaSound Capture Supported = true
JavaSoundAuto: Committed ok
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: JMFSecurityManager: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no jmv4l in java.library.path
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.sun.media.protocol.v4l.V4LCapture

All my google-fu has failed me; I can't find anything about jmv4l or how to include it in the path. Does anyone with more knowledge than me know what I did wrong, or what I need to do to fix this?

spjackson
November 9th, 2010, 08:40 PM
Did you get jmv4l.so (32-bit) from somewhere? Where did you install it?

masqueradestar
November 9th, 2010, 09:04 PM
Did you get jmv4l.so (32-bit) from somewhere? Where did you install it?

I can't find jmv4l.so anywhere -- only libjmv4l.so, which apparently isn't the right thing? The contents of the lib folder are as such:

x@x:~/Code/JMF-2.1.1e$ ls -a lib/
. libjmdaud.so libjmjpeg.so libjmxlib.so
.. libjmfjawt.so libjmmpa.so mediaplayer.jar
jmf.jar libjmg723.so libjmmpegv.so multiplayer.jar
jmf.properties libjmgsm.so libjmmpx.so
jmf.properties.orig libjmh261.so libjmutil.so
libjmcvid.so libjmh263enc.so libjmv4l.so

spjackson
November 9th, 2010, 09:15 PM
My mistake, libjmv4l.so is probably what it's looking for. You can set the library path if you run java from the command line

java -Djava.library.path=./lib
I don't know how you do that in Eclipse though, I'm afraid.

masqueradestar
November 9th, 2010, 09:28 PM
For anyone more familiar with Eclipse than me, on the project I'm working on, from right click > Properties > Java Build Path > Source > Native library location, chose the lib folder and tried again. This time, I got:

JavaSound Capture Supported = true
JavaSoundAuto: Committed ok
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: JMFSecurityManager: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /home/jvirdo/Code/JMF-2.1.1e/lib/libjmv4l.so: libjmutil.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.sun.media.protocol.v4l.V4LCapture

libjmutil.so is in JMF-2.1.1e/lib, but it seems to be... looking in libjmv4l.so for another .so file? :\

spjackson
November 9th, 2010, 09:46 PM
Hmm... maybe set LD_LIBRARY_PATH

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/jvirdo/Code/JMF-2.1.1e/lib/
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

masqueradestar
November 9th, 2010, 09:50 PM
Hmm... maybe set LD_LIBRARY_PATH

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/jvirdo/Code/JMF-2.1.1e/lib/
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Just tried it, but I got the same error. Thanks, though.

Norwegian-Blue
March 7th, 2011, 11:20 PM
Did you ever fix this ?
I am struggling with the same problem now.

Many thanks
Ian

masqueradestar
March 7th, 2011, 11:27 PM
Did you ever fix this ?
I am struggling with the same problem now.

Many thanks
Ian

Unfortunately, no... I gave up and switched to another computer I have running Windows 7.

Norwegian-Blue
March 8th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Right, just worked it out.

It has to do with the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable.

It seems (although I am no Linux expert) that if a system library loads another library, this has to be in one of the "correct" places. If it is not, then it can be found by setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

So if you want to run JMF from Eclipse, you have to do two things:

Set the native library location for the jmf.jar file. Project - properties - Java Build Path - Libraries tab - expand the jmf.jar item - Native library location: - Press the Edit button on the right hand side
When you run your application, you must set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the launch configuration. This is under the "Environment" tab. Name = LD_LIBRARY_PATH value = <path to where the .so files are>

Once I did this, I could run JMFInit from within Eclipse.

Ian